EVENTS WE HOST
In order to make these events happen we need your help! Our goal is to provide every child in care with new and unused gifts and/or gift cards. We truly believe that with the support of the community, we can make a difference in these children’s lives. Please donate to help us make these events memorable for all foster children in Clark County.
Our annual Angel Tree Holiday celebration for Clark County children in foster care is a long-standing memorable event. For the past 7 years, Break Through Beverage has partnered with us and hosted this amazing event. Angel Tree is a huge celebration with food, games, entertainment, and gifts for every child in foster care. In December CASA Foundation of Las Vegas along with community partners and the Department of Family Services will continue this memorable event for all foster children in Clark County. In 2019 nearly 1,500 foster kids attended Angel Tree.
YOU can be a part of making this happen!
- Commit to filling children’s Wish Lists. A child will let us know exactly what they want this year and YOU and your friends, or company, can make that wish come true. We will provide you with all the details we just ask you to commit to a minimum of $50 per wish list ($50-$60 range per child) and be able to deliver them to us by December 1st.
- Angel Tree Toy Drive: Purchase a gift from our Smile Amazon wish list. See below for more details.
- Donate directly to the Angel Tree Fund. All teens (13-18) receive a $50 gift card and we always need to purchase last minute items to make sure all kids in care receive gifts for the holiday. Your generous donation will make sure that happens.
Angel Tree Toy Drive
We will provide the box and poster, all you do is get your generous friends, employees, company or general public, to know you have are sponsoring an Angel Tree Toy Drive. Collect toys to be delivered to our location at Cashman Center on December 1st for distribution to kids in foster care on December 12, 14, 15, & 16th.
What kind of toys?
• New, unwrapped and ranging from $10 – $30 each.
• In need of infant and toddler toys
• Also need boys 9-12 age range
• Games, action figures, balls are always great!
• Baby activity toys are a plus!
Need toy Ideas? Visit our Smile Amazon Wish List.
While you’re there, sign up to have the CASA Foundation of Las Vegas as your designated Smile Amazon charity!
Kids in foster care face challenges that most adults would never know. Yet, with support and encouragement, our foster children can overcome great odds. We believe they should be celebrated for their accomplishment. So each year we host a graduation party for those foster children who have achieved high school graduation. At this celebration, we provide these foster youth with dinner, entertainment, gift cards and personal items to help them begin their next phase in life. This year, 2020, we funded, prepared and distributed over 80 graduation bags for foster youth who miraculously made it to high school graduation despite all the obstacles in their path. Each bag contained $300 in gift cards plus
a few other fun items.
Back to School
In August, CASA Foundation of Las Vegas along with community partners provide and collect donations for this event. For the past 7 years, the CASA Foundation has partnered with Square Salon to host this Back to School event for all foster children in Clark County. Square Salon offers professional haircuts and manicures for all children attending. Along with our community partners, each child also receives a new backpack loaded with school supplies and more. There is food, entertainment, carnival games, and more! In 2019, more than 2,000 children in foster care attended this memorable event.
The CASA Foundation of Las Vegas exists to support the CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) Program and to identify and fund the individual needs of abused and neglected children in foster care in Clark County.